Sunday 7 August 2011

STATE CROSS COUNTRY

On the 19 /7/2011 I went to the State cross country. It was a 20 minute drive to get there. There were three races before me. First we had to register and get a tag to put on my left wrist. We watched the first two races and then after the third race started I got changed and went to stand in my starting box (northern metro region) and since the top five people in the region got to go in the front row and I came fourth I got the front. Then the official talked about the rules of the race. After that the starter shot the gun and the race started. Everybody sprinted at the start it was only near the middle that people slowed down. I got a stich half way through the race. Most of the race I was coming around 20th then I sprinted at the end. There was a longer sprint to the end than Zone. I passed lots of people at the end and came 12th. After the race my mum bought me a muffin and I went back to school. I had lots of fun racing.
Posted by Hamish

No comments:

Post a Comment